Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm ready


Well, as ready as I'm gonna get anyway. I made it! It's bittersweet! It went by so fast and I wish that I had more time but I don't, therefore I'm ready. The heat is getting to me. My body is swelling and I'm miserable. Fingers and toes feel like sausages and it's getting hard to walk without a serious waddle.
The never ending comments, they are old. I take Bubba to baseball practice 4 days a week and every single time we go someone has to ask, "Haven't had that baby yet?" I'd really like to come back with something snarky and mean but I just smile and go on. People really don't mean anything by it, they just don't think before they speak.

The next few weeks are going to be really hard. Hard on all of us. Bubba is right in the middle of All-Stars. His District tournament starts this Friday. If they play well then they should make it all the way to the championship game. Well, that game, it's on Tuesday, the day I'm scheduled for my c-section. It really makes me sad that I'll have to miss Bubba's big day. I've only missed about 3 baseball games in his entire life and to have to miss the District Championship is heartbreaking. I'm ready for Thumper to arrive but the timing in all of it stinks. Then if/when they win the District Championship they will go on to state in a couple of weeks. It's a little further away in a bigger town. I'll get broke in good doing my travels for the first time with three kiddos. By the end of July it will all be over. Thumper will be here, All-Stars will be over, and maybe, just maybe, I can settle down and breath a bit before it's time for Bubba to go back to school.

I need a vacation!!!

5 comments:

Michelle Lynn said...

You look wonderful! Can't wait to meet her.

Tiffany said...

I so do NOT miss those comments!! You look gorgeous!

Brandy said...

She'll be here before you know it. I don't miss those comments either. My MIL was the worst one!

Court said...

Yeah! Good luck. I got the whole summer to go... ack. Can't wait to see the new one.

Tiffany said...

Need pictures when you get a chance :) CONGRATS again!