Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm pregnant dang it!


The kids and I had to make a quick run to the grocery store tonight after Bubba's baseball game. While we were there we ran into some old friends of ours. She commented that they had seen us at the ballpark. She said, "We recognized you half way across the ballpark. Mother said that you looked like you were having twins." Who the crap says that? How do I respond to that?

While we were at the ballpark tonight I ran into some friends that we hadn't seen in about a year. When he saw me he said, "So the rumor is true, you are having another baby. When are you due, you look like you are about to pop."

In the last week I have heard, "Are you going to make it to July?" "You're really poking out there aren't you?" "Are you going to have that baby today?" "My gosh you look miserable." "I think you've got twins in there." The list goes on. Only ONCE, just ONCE have I heard a nice comment. It was tonight at the ballpark. Another mom told me that I looked "cute and glowing." I almost cried when she said it. I am so used to people and their negative remarks that I didn't know how to react to someone saying something nice.

What is it with people? They don't think before they speak. Why is it so hard to say something nice to someone? I'm proud of my pregnant belly. God planted a miracle in my stomach and I want the world to see. I admit that I've gained a little more weight than I would have like to. I've still got more gaining to do. But....I am not ashamed of the way I look. I am carrying God's miracle! It would just be nice if more people recognized that instead of focusing on the negative. Why do people always focus on the negative?

4 comments:

Daily Verses said...

You DO look beautiful... gorgeous, in fact. And maybe those people are just haters. I mean, have they seen your perfect belly? :-)

girl said...

They suck. People don't realize comments like that hurt people's feelings I don't think.. you look amazing.

Court said...

Yeah people suck. Some of my friends said that I ate all the time. Well no duh! That's what you are supposed to do. I'm not looking forward to it all again, already people are telling me "wow you look really pregnant, how far along are you???" The sad thing is I'm only three and half months! I should be barely showing. We should get shirts that say: don't talk to me!

Hf said...

Gorgeous! Love your baby belly! People just don't have filters, sorry they are mean.

I always like the "baby, what baby? I'm not pregnant" answer. Really they just shut up after that ;)