Monday, March 9, 2009

Why would you stay?

If you knew that you weren't wanted somewhere, that you weren't welcome, would you stay? Would you feel awkward knowing that you were in a place where your input was no longer valued? No matter if you told the truth or if you didn't, no one believed it anyway. Would you stay just out of spite or would you leave with what little bit of dignity you had left?
I'd like to think that I'd have enough couth about me to pack up and go. As an immature teenager, I may have stayed but now that I'm an adult and I've matured I think I'd go. No need in staying where you know you aren't wanted. There's just too many other places to go.
I've never really understood that about some people. I hope that I'm mature enough and self confident enough to know that my input could be valued someplace else. Just something to think about I guess.

No comments: