Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where did it go?

This week has gone by so fast. The weather has been absolutely beautiful and we have pretty much had something to do everyday. It's like I have blinked and it's almost over. I love Bubba being home! He's a great helper for one thing. He can take Sister outside to play and give me a few minutes to do chores that are otherwise hard when she's "helping." He's just a great kid and I love having him around. I'm so lucky that Thumper is due during the summer when I'll have Bubba home to help me. I don't know what I'd do without that kid. He's amazing!

Yesterday I did my dil duty and took my mil to the Dr. Actually, I dropped her off at the office and the kids and I went to the Disney Science Museum. It was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast and I ran my legs off chasing Sister but it was a fun day. The only thing I regret is that I took my camera but had no freaking memory card. I've done that a time or two lately and I think I may have to buy an extra to keep in the bag for just such occasions. I really really need to invest in a decent camera bag. The one I use now, it's actually a lunch box, lol. Yup, I'm cheap and lame.

The day out with mil wasn't too bad. We had a little talk a few days ago and I got some things straight. She's been on her best behavior and I think, at least for now, she knows where her boundaries are. She's really a good person and she means well but she needed to be put in her place a long time ago. It's really my fault for letting it go on as long as it did. I think now that things are out in the open, we will all feel much better. I'm still going to be careful what I say and keep my distance so to speak. I still don't trust her and probably never will again. Trust is something you've got to earn and once you've broken it, it's hard to ever fix it.

We've got the weekend left and then Bubba is back to school. No baseball practice and no ballgames this weekend so I'm not sure what we'll do. Maybe a day at the movies, just my boy and I. I'll have to check the listings and see what's showing. We haven't had a day out just he and I in a very long time. Yep, I think it's a plan!

No comments: