Tuesday, March 3, 2009

He's passionate about it

Bubba is jumping in with both feet and really trying to make a go of this March for Babies walk. He's so excited about it and wanting to do so many things to raise money in his sisters name. We started out with a small goal because I didn't want him to get disappointed if he didn't reach his goal. Our team goal is $250.00 but his personal goal is $100.00. He's already made $50.00 so he's proud. The walk isn't until April 18th so he still has awhile. Last night he printed information to take to school today, he sent out about 30 emails, and he's going to talk to his principal this afternoon. He wants to talk to the principal about doing a penny drive or something for the Junior High. I'm really glad that he's getting so involved. He knows how lucky we were when Sister was born and he wants to show his appreciation by raising money to help others. I think it's great! He's a 10 year old boy with a HUGE heart!

He's already talking about how he wants to design our t-shirts and who all he wants to recruit to walk with us. I'm hoping that him being so aggressive and involved in this cause that it will encourage him to get involved in other charities later on. He's a good kid and I couldn't be more proud of him.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

He is so awesome! I love how hard he works and how big his heart is!

Court said...

How neat, I hope my kids are like that. It's so cool that you are fostering that in him at such a young age.

Jonathan and Tara said...

Can I mail him a donation? I don't have a whole lot of extra cash right now but I would like to contribute. Just wanted to make sure you were okay with that, since it's his thing and all.

Tara