Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gone Too Soon!


A beautiful woman, loving mother, devoted Christian. Caring, outgoing, lover of life! Gone too soon! I never really called her aunt because she was only 4 years older than me but in relation, that's exactly what she was, my aunt. My mom's only sister. The "baby" of the family. She was a good person and left this world way too soon. She leaves behind two beautiful girls. My heart aches so badly for them. It is so not fair that they have to go on without her. I just pray that God wraps his arms around them and delivers them from the horrible pain that I know they must be going through. I pray that the memory of watching their mother die in their arms from a gunshot wound does not haunt them for the rest of their lives.

The man that did this is a coward. How could anyone take a mother from her children? Leave their children without a mother? Now, they will also be without a father. He did it! He hasn't been arrested yet, for lack of evidence, but it is only a matter of time. He's guilty! Even more pain and suffering for those two beautiful girls. How will they go on knowing that their father killed their mother? I am just so sad for them! I hope they catch him soon and he spends the rest of his natural born life in prison. Once he gets there, I hope he becomes some body's bitch. Even that, that's too easy for him. For what he's done to this family and to his own children, he deserves to suffer.

Visitation is tomorrow and the funeral the next day. Hubs, the kids, and I will go to visitation. I have a really hard time with funerals and I'm not certain if I will make it to hers or not. I will have to do a lot of praying and make up my mind later. I've been to too many funerals in my lifetime. Mamaw, Nanny, Mom, brother, father in law, Uncle, Great granny, Papaw, Popa, and several friends and that's all in the last 10 years. I just don't know if I can do it again. I could go to a complete strangers funeral and bawl like a baby. It's not for the one in the casket that I weep for, it's for the ones that are left behind. I know that my "aunt" loved the Lord and I know where her heart was. She'll be okay! It's her girls, her father, her brother, her family that are left behind to grieve that I weep for. Her funeral is also in the exact funeral home where I last saw my mother, my brother, and my nanny. Their services were all there and every time I walk into that place the memories come flooding back. I'm just not sure it's what's best for me, Thumper and Sister. I'll just pray!

When you say your prayers, if you don't mind, please say a little prayer for the girls. The oldest is 10 and the baby is just 3. They are really going to miss their mommy!!!!!

5 comments:

wildwesthome said...

You have my prayers.

Court said...

mine too

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Kris said...

I'm so very sorry. I will pray for her sweet girls and for you and your family. And I will pray that her husband gets what he deserves.

Amy said...

Just terrible. My prayers are with you and her girls.