Friday, February 27, 2009

Procrastinate much?

It's been several week since I ran across that great deal on fabric. Wal-Mart is no longer going to sell fabric and they had it all on sale for 50% off. It was pretty picked over by the time I found out about it but I still walked away with some goodies. I got some really cute Bugs Bunny fabric to make Sister a pair of scrubs for when Thumper is born. He's wearing a Dr.'s coat, eating a carrot, and saying What's Up Doc! They had some cute Elmo material that I plan on making her some p.j.'s out of. A pretty pink fabric with hearts and skulls that I may make a jumper with. Two or three other styles that I plan on using for jammies and such. I even purchased a new sewing machine that day.

The problem.....the sewing machine is still in the box and I haven't touched any of it since I brought it home. It is in my office and I look at it several times a day but have yet to get started on anything. What is it that has made me so flippin lazy? I have big plans but get nothing done. I used to not be this way. I used to be a go getter. Always going, always doing, never stopping. Now, I sit on my butt in front of this computer screen. I've gotta get motivated! The weather has been nice the last couple of days and Sister and I have spent much of the day outside. It's been so nice to be able to go outside and play and not have to bundle up. But, tomorrow, a cold front is coming. Supposed to be a really cold weekend. Ugh! I'm hoping that once spring gets here that I can get off of my butt and get motivated to do something besides stare at this monitor. Besides, I don't have much longer before Thumper gets here, I gotta get to sewing.

2 comments:

Court said...

I commend anyone who even tries to sew. I tend to sick myself too much. It's a gland problem I think.

wildwesthome said...

You'll get a wind of energy soon enough - gestating is hard work girl!!