Monday, January 26, 2009

Will I make it?

I'm not 100% sure that I will make it to 40 weeks. The heartburn and indigestion just may kill me first. Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, even Half & Half. Nothing seems to help. Tonight it is so bad that I am literally in pain. I'm so sleepy but can't sleep. Not to mention that I am so bloated that I feel like I am about to bust. Grrrr! Okay, enough complaining, I said I wasn't going to do that anymore. Oooops!

On a better note, I have decided that this baby's nickname is Thumper. She/he is constantly thumping on me. Not that I'm complaining because I love to feel the baby moving. The kicking and moving is the best part of being pregnant. I missed that feeling so badly after I had Sister. I remember seeing pregnant women and being jealous of their bellies. Yeah, I know, I'm nutso. Having Sister so early taught me a lot. I won't take one second of this pregnancy for granted.

5 comments:

Daily Verses said...

Try Zantac 21. It's safe according to my OB. I took it once a day when the heartburn got bad, and maybe twice a day by the end when it was unbearable.

Kelly said...

I agree, try Zantac. I had it so bad with my last 2 pregnancies that I had to take something stronger. Luckily this time has been better and the Tums are actually helping.

I love the movement too! I'll really miss it when I'm done being pg.

Amy said...

I nominated you for an award.
http://everydaymamadrama.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-first-award.html

Michelle Lynn said...

Sorry about the heartburn.

I think Thumper is a great name. That was always my favorite part.

Amy said...

Dude, heartburn is the perfect excuse to drink milkshakes...