Monday, January 12, 2009

Where's the motivation when you need it?

There's laundry piled up in the laundry room, dishes in the sink, and floors to be done. I walk by, look at the mess, and just keep walking. All the time thinking, I'll get to it in a minute. Sister has toys scattered from here to Kalamazoo. There is so much that I could be doing, yet I sit on this darn computer.
I have to meet Hubs this afternoon so that we can close on the house. This new interest rate is going to save us a bundle. We never should have agreed to a loan at 14.99% interest to begin with but at the time we were desperate. We HAD to get out of that other house. We needed the space so badly. This new interest rate of 6% is much more reasonable. We actually cut the length of the loan in half and will still be paying the same monthly amount. That's just so awesome!

Bubba has to go talk to the counselor at school today. It's over that poem that he wrote. He and I talked about it and I told him how very talented he was but he couldn't write stuff like that at school anymore. I deep down believe that he was just being a boy and he really was trying to just make an interesting poem and get a good grade. He said that anyone can write "Roses are red, violets are blue." He's right, I must admit. I don't know what all the counselor will say to him or what questions she will ask, I just told him to be honest and be himself. As long as he does that, he has nothing to worry about. I sent his teacher an email this morning and let her know that I talked to him about the poem and that all is well on our end. She's a really nice teacher and I'm glad that she's looking out for him. She told me when I talked to her the other day that the poem was probably nothing and she realized how dramatic that Bubba could be. She just wanted to be sure and would feel badly if there was something there that she missed. I can understand that and I appreciate it. We need more teachers that actually care about the kids.

We lost our first basketball game Saturday. I only have 5 boys so they have to play the entire game without a break. It's gonna be tough on them but it should surely get them into shape. The final score was 23-25 but I was VERY proud of them. The team we were playing had two boys that stood at least a head taller than all of my boys. My boys couldn't even jump to reach them when they went for the rebound. I have told these boys since we started playing when they were 5 yrs old that free throws win games and free throws lose games. Well we made 6 free throws Saturday, but we also missed 6. You do the math! I'm still proud of them and I'm ready for the next game.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Eh... who needs clean laundry? :)

Nice work on the new interest rate for the house. What a huge difference that is!

girl said...

I think after that whole fish adventure, you don't need to do laundry, just sayin'.

And you know how I feel about the poem.