Friday, January 23, 2009

Sleep child sleep

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day! It was sunny and 75 degrees. Just a beautiful day for outside play. Sister and I jumped on the trampoline, played on the swing, rode the tricycle, and all sorts of things outside. Then we had to go pick Bubba up from school. Once we got back home we all three played outside for a couple more hours. Little girl played HARD and had so much fun outside in the beautiful sunshine. We were so busy playing that we missed our nap.

Later that evening she took a little power nap of about 20 minutes while we were waiting on Daddy to get home. She helped me cook, she helped with the laundry, she helped Daddy unload firewood out of the truck. She had a really busy day! I was certain that after we had eaten dinner and taken our shower that she would pass out for the night. WRONG!

Little Miss Priss was up running around and playing until 1:00 a.m. I finally got so tired that she and I just went and got into the bed with daddy and she played in the bed until she finally went to sleep somewhere around 1:30 a.m. This pregnant momma has to get up a couple of times a night to potty. Then when the alarm went off at 6:00 a.m. I couldn't hardly drag myself out of bed. I know I know I know that I have a new baby coming but jeepers creepers I need my sleep NOW.

I thought for sure once we took Bubba to school this morning that we could come home and take a nap. Ummm, NO! She's running around playing like she's had a full night's sleep while I'm dragging my butt this morning. Please, please, please, let this dear child sleep tonight. I NEED sleep! Sleep is a GOOD thing!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh no!! She needs to sleep baby!

YourInsomniaCure said...

Thanks for the tips. These symptoms to watch out for in children are really helpful. My husband was diagnosed with sleep apnea a year or two ago and I have heard that it often runs in families. I am a little bit concerned that our children might have it as well. Now I know more about what to look for.