Friday, January 9, 2009

Six Weeks

Tomorrow starts our six week season of basketball. This will be the last season of anything that I coach Bubba. It really makes me sad! I have coached him since he was 4 yrs. old. I've fought against all odds and won. I've been the only female coach bucking up against all of those men. Some of the men I coached with and against were great, others, well they thought that women belonged in the stands. I think part of it was that they couldn't take it that I knew more about the sport than they did. I'm not as savvy at basketball as I am with baseball but I still make it a point to know my stuff.

I started playing baseball when I was 4 yrs old. I was the only girl on a team full of boys. When I was eight, the town that I lived in had softball for girls for the first time so I played girls fastpitch softball that year. Then we moved to another town and they only had baseball so it was back to the boys again for a few years. I didn't mind being the only girl on the team, it was kinda cool. I pitched and played shortstop for an all boy team, how cool is that? I have played ball all of my life. It was my dream to play in college and then go on to the Olympics. My father saw to it that my dream didn't come true but my love for the game never changed.

Basketball was a fun sport and I enjoyed playing it in Junior High and High School but I didn't have a passion for it like I did baseball/softball. I've enjoyed coaching it and I'm gonna miss it. Of course, Sister will play in a few years and I will get to coach her too, hehe. I'm just sad that I won't be coaching Bubba anymore after this 6 week season is over.

Something else is happening in six weeks. I get to find out the sex of this baby!!!! I can't wait! I don't really care what sex the baby is, part of me wants a boy and part of me wants a girl, as long as the baby is healthy, that's all that matters. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait either!! Are you going to share the good news or keep it to yourself?

Beautifully Unique said...

I can't keep a secret, I gotta tell, lol.