Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's that time again

It's that time of year again. Time to get all of our receipts and stuff together to take to the accountant. 2008 wasn't such a great year for us. We paid the bills and all but didn't have much extra after that. Gas prices hurt us pretty bad and this stinking economy...well you already know how evil it can be. We just paid the I.R.S. over $700 for that stupid audit that took forever so it feels like we just got done with all of this stuff. Now here we go again. Maybe, just maybe we'll get a little something back. I sure hope so!

Bubba had a rather odd request today. He wanted to know if we had a lock and chain that he could borrow for a few days. He says that they are doing a project in class and he needs it for his project. Ok, what kind of project calls for a lock and chain? They have to bring an object or a picture of an object to class and then write a poem about the object. Then the poem is going to be submitted into a contest of some sort. He assured me that this poem would NOT be about blood and gore, lol. He said he wants to write about something to do with your soul being bound by locks and chains. He didn't really want to let me in on what he had planned so I left him alone about it. He has a great imagination and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. He seems to really enjoy writing so I want to encourage it as much as possible.

2 comments:

girl said...

I hope the tax man treats you well this year.

Tiffany said...

I don't even want to think about taxers!