Friday, January 2, 2009

I Did It :)

New Year's Eve night my dear sweet mil called. She wanted to know what we were doing and how "her" baby was doing. I told her that we were outside by the fire, popping fireworks and having a good time. A few minutes later she called back and tried to invite herself and several others over to my house. I handed the phone to Hubs and let him talk to her. He told her that we were about done and that there was no need in them coming over. Whewwww! I was so glad! I know it sounds horrible but I didn't want to ring in the New Year with my mil. New Year's Eve, taken care of.

New Years Day, mil calls again. "What are y'all doing?" I explained to her that we were just hanging out. The boys were outside setting up the new basketball goal and Sister and I were getting ready to start our cooking. "Oh no, there's no need in cooking, I've got plenty to eat over here. The kitchen will be open all day, y'all just come when you get ready." I told her that I would have to talk to Hubs and see what he said but more than likely we would be staying home. Thank God, Hubs agreed. We were going to stay home and just enjoy time with our kids. New Years Day, taken care of.

Today, we made it until almost 1:00 p.m. before she called. "I didn't want anything, just wanted to see what y'all were doing and how MY baby girl was doing, oh and my baby boy too. I thought I'd run by over there for a few minutes and see them and get some sugar off of um'. I've gotta see how baby girl likes her new chair!" I know I had a smile on my face when I told her that we weren't at home and I so badly wanted to tell her that Sister hasn't sat in that damn chair once since we brought it home, but I didn't. Sorry mil but we are in town running some errands and won't be home for awhile. I'd really love to chat but we just pulled into the Cotton Patch and we are ready to go in and eat. I could hear the disappointment in her voice and for a second, only a second, I kinda felt bad. She really does mean well but she's seriously gotta back off!

I've made it THREE days without my mil!!!! I started the year off without my mil!!!! I haven't had to bathe my child during the middle of the day because she smells like an old lady!!!!!! I haven't had to listen to someone tell me what they would do if they were me!!!! I'm LOVING it!!!! I know I am probably jinxing myself and she will show up tomorrow but I STARTED THE NEW YEAR OFF WITHOUT HAVING TO SEE HER AND I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you're getting a break. I see my MIL once a year so I can't even imagine.

Momma B said...

I bet that's a relief! Glad you are getting to spend family time without her to start off the new year. I'm lucky because my MIL is really good about most things, and I hear enough about other women's MILs to make me incredibly thankful for that!

Michelle Lynn said...

That's a pretty good start! I hope it continues for ya!