Thursday, December 4, 2008

Here we go again

It's time for basketball season again. Bubba is so excited! He has been ready for months. We've got a really good group of boys this year and we should do well. I am looking forward to the season starting but will be very sad to see it end. I am pretty certain that it will be the last time that I ever get to coach Bubba. I have coached him every season of baseball and basketball since he started at 4 yrs. old. I have already told him that baseball is out of the question in the spring. I coached while I was preggo with Sister but there is just no way that I can do it this time around. Chasing a toddler, being preggo and coaching 11 yr old boys, NAH!
Basketball season is only 6 weeks and I am going to do my best to make it memorable for Bubba and I. My coaching shoes will stay on the shelf for awhile but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will come out again when Sister is ready to play. I'm not really sure how to be a parent during a ballgame. It will be a new experience for me. Bubba has played on a tournament team or two and I haven't coached those tournament teams but that's kinda different. I've always coached his league teams and it will be strange sitting in the stands and not having any control over what goes on in the field or on the court.

Control is my problem. I admit it, I like being in control of things. I don't adapt well to change and I like to have the ball in my court so to speak. It's not just during a ball game but in all aspects of life. There was a time in my life where I had absolutely no control and now that I'm out of that situation and I have regained control of myself and my life, I like to keep it that way. As lame as it may sound, I have a hard time riding in someone elses vehicle. I like to be the one behind the wheel. I need that control. Gah, now that I actually type it out, I really need to work on that, lol. I'm a control freak!

2 comments:

Court said...

Oh my goodness, it wouldn't even occur to me to do ANYTHING while I'm pregnant let alone coach a basketball team. I think it's very wise to stay in the stands this season and I would just say be a good cheerleader!

Tiffany said...

It will definitely be a new and different experience for you! But you will have fun, just wait and see.