Friday, December 19, 2008

100 Things

Well here it is, my 100th post! I guess that means I need to post 100 things. This could take awhile, but here goes:

1. Me and both of my children are Gemini's.
2. It is possible that my third child will also be a Gemini.
3. I am a Dr. Pepper addict.
4. I really miss my mom a lot during the holidays.
5. Mom and I didn't always have the best relationship but she was my best friend when she died.
6. I still talk to my mom like she can hear me, kinda like when I talk to God.
7. Hubs and I met at the mall.
8. My first husband and I met in a bar.
9. I talk too much.
10. I have 4 brothers and two sisters, all of which are half siblings.
11. I didn't meet my oldest little brother until 2003.
12. My biological father molested me for over 4 years.
13. My pastor also molested me after I confided in him about my father.
14. For many years I was a very bitter person towards God.
15. I used to be a Pentecostal.
16. Even though I don't live it, I still believe many of the Pentecostal beliefs.
17. Meeting my biological father was the worst mistake I ever made in my life.
18. I really wish I had listened to my mom and stayed away from him.
19. Part of me still wants to talk to him.
20. Another part of me is creaped out by the sound of his voice.
21. My greatest fear is that one of my kids will die before I do.
22. My second greatest fear is that I will die before I get my kids raised.
23. My favorite colors are navy and orange.
24. My lucky # is 13.
25. Winning is important to me.
26. I had the same boyfriend all 4 years of high school.
27. I often wonder about him and how he's doing.
28. I never got to attend a high school prom.
29. Never attended a high school dance either.
30. I hated the color pink until I had Sister, now I love it.
31. I am scared to death that this baby will be born preemie too.
32. My 5th grade boyfriend turned out to be gay.
33. I drive a 4 door truck.
34. My self esteem has always been extremely low.
35. I tend to come across as arrogant when the truth is, I am very self conscious.
36. Clogging used to be a hobby of mine.
37. I was a member of the East Texas Cloggers for years.
38. I used to play the coronet.
39. I want to teach elementary school once my kids are all in school themselves.
40. I hate cats.
41. Snakes petrify me.
42. My kids give me hope.
43. My bff has become a rich snob.
44. I wear a size 9 shoe.
45. One boob is bigger than the other.
46. My husband is an alcoholic.
47. I'm scared of dying.
48. I'm scared to death of getting cancer.
49. I used to love Michael Jackson and Prince when I was a kid.
50. I thought George Michael was the sexiest man alive.
51. I used to skate so fast that I had to skate backwards during the races.
52. The skating rink was my favorite hang out during 6th and 7th grade.
53. When I was a kid I dipped snuff.
54. A girl hit on me once because she thought I was a boy.
55. I got my first ticket driving to driver's ed.
56. I burp like a man.
57. I don't get along with either of my little sisters.
58. I am the oldest of all my siblings.
59. I am 13 years older than my youngest brother.
60. My eyes are hazel.
61. I stole chalk from the grocery store when I was 4 and my nanny made me take it back.
62. The manager threatened to put me in jail and it scared me to death.
63. I super glued my 9th grade English teacher to her chair.
64. My first job was an otc clerk at Eckerd Drug.
65. I worked for Eckerd's for 5 years.
66. I am a certified Pharmacy Technician.
67. I've never had a one night stand.
68. I started smoking when I was 12.
69. I used to go to the bar looking for a fight.
70. Someday I'd like to learn to knit.
71. I used to go to Colorado on vacation every year.
72. Cleaning house is not my thing.
73. Dusting doesn't happen often enough at my house.
74. I don't want to be rich but I'd like to be comfortable.
75. I have more online friends than I do irl friends.
76. Teenagers scare me.
77. I want to be a better mom and a better wife.
78. I love watermelon.
79. I'm too loud most of the time.
80. I didn't willingly have sex with a guy until the week before I turned 21.
81. The older I get the curlier my hair gets.
82. Being a mom is the greatest gift I've ever received.
83. I didn't go to my high school reunion because I was too ashamed of the way I looked.
84. Having another c-section scares me.
85. Natural birth is the way I hope to go this time.
86. Forgiving is hard for me.
87. Loving is even harder.
88. I hug my hubby and kids but hugging adults comes extremely hard for me.
89. My children are my world.
90. I love to read but rarely have time for it.
91. Baseball is my favorite sport.
92. I'd love to be a high school softball coach when I grow up.
93. I graduated in the top half of my class.
94. There were 463 students in my graduating class.
95. I love turnip greens and cornbread.
96. I miss my sister even though we don't get along.
97. I pray to one day have a reunion with all of my living siblings.
98. I don't attend church regular because I am scared of getting hurt.
99. People think I'm a lot tougher than I really am.
100. I am so glad to finally get this done with!!!!

5 comments:

Daily Verses said...

Thank you for sharing some intimates parts of yourself. It cannot be easy to overcome what you have experienced, though I know that God's healing continues to work on your hurts. Lots of prayers that this baby makes it to a full-term, natural delivery!

Court said...

congrats on making it to one hundred!

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing. I can imagine that was very hard.

Tiffany said...

Wow, nice work. Parts of that make me sad. I am so grateful you are who you are, every bit of you!

Luanne said...

I love reading people's 100's, yours was particularly touching. I have been in many of your shoes? if that is the right way to put it. You are a beautiful person, inside and out!