Tuesday, October 7, 2008

He's growing up.

A couple of weeks ago I had MIL pick Bubba up from school. Once she dropped him off he said, "Mom, please don't let Granny come pick me up any more." He said that she really embarrassed him. She yelled out his name and motioned for him to come where she was at and then when he got in the car she hugged and kissed him. He's in Junior High now and he thinks he a "big boy" now, lol.

So this weekend I had to break down and buy Bubba jeans for school. I had put it off as long as I could. He is getting really picky now so we had to go online and look and he showed me what he wanted. I purchased him a few pair of jeans and had him try them on before I washed them. Remember, the boy is just 10. He tries the jeans on and says, "Oh yeah, I've got a pretty butt, these jeans rock!" What? Dude, you are 10. What do you mean you've got a pretty butt? You are wayyyyy too young to be worried about your "pretty butt."

He is really worried about his looks lately. His hair has to be just right, his clothes have to be just right. He is always asking me if this shirt looks good with these shorts, should I wear these shoes, etc. I know he has to grow up but NOT YET. Slow down little dude! Where is my little boy that will wear anything I buy for him? Where did the little boy go that was in love with Power Rangers and Spiderman?

I have been putting off having "The talk" with him but I know I have to do it soon. I just don't want to screw up. He is such a good boy and I hate that he is growing up so fast. Girls now days are so aggressive. It just makes me sick! When I was 10 I was still beating boys up, lol. Now they are chasing boys and calling them up on the phone. What ever happened to letting the boys do the chasing? Thank God Bubba doesn't have any girls after him just yet but I want to talk to him before it happens, ya know? I've really gotta do some research and pray about it before I talk to him because I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I really really don't want to mess up.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This whole subject scares the crap out of me. Thankfully I have several years to prepare yet. Good luck, I know you'll do great!

Tiffany said...

LOL at the butt comment! What a cutie!

Mrs. Red said...

ROFL @ the "pretty butt". Too cute!! Good luck with the talk! {{HUGS}}