Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So I went to the Dr.

When I made my last post, I was feeling pretty low. I had made a call to the Dr. and was waiting to hear from him. Well he called and of course, wanted to see me right away. I went in that afternoon and we talked a bit. He was sure that I was pretty depressed and had let it go on too long before asking for help. We talked about the Reglan and the possibility that it was the culprit that brought on this madness. He gave me some meds to try for a few weeks and sent me to the lab to have blood drawn. He wanted to check things out just to be sure. The blood tests all came back normal so nothing to worry about there.
I've been taking the meds for almost a week now and so far, no change. He said that it could take a couple of weeks before I begin to notice a difference. I am just impatient and I want a quick fix. I don't like feeling this way. I miss me, if that makes sense.
I spent most of the day today on the couch. I just couldn't make myself get up and do anything. Then, the more I laid around, the worse I felt. Whether I nap during the day or not, I feel like crap and then when it is time to go to bed, I can't sleep. I go to sleep and then I wake up and flip and flop for hours trying to go back to sleep. What I wouldn't give for a good nights rest.
I am trying really hard to help myself get better. I am too blessed to be depressed!

5 comments:

Girl said...

Give the medicine time. It can take awhile and if it doesn't start to help, tell them so they can put you on something else. I started on Zoloft and it was well, pointless for me but I waited so long to say anything that I just felt like it was pointless... basically digging myself a hole.

I'm still thinking about you. Many hugs.

MollyDoll said...

I've tried a couple different meds for depression, and each time, it took a couple weeks to even start noticing a difference. Just hang in there. It's a gradual change. One day you'll just realize, "Hey, it's been a few days since I've cried," and you'll know it's working. And make sure you're taking care of yourself, too!

J.C. said...

((hugs)) I hope it starts working for you soon.

Harmony said...

Depression is indeed very real...
Hope you're getting relief soon - in the mean time - don't be too hard on yourself.
{{hugs}}

Tiffany said...

Be kind to yourself friend. Give yourself some time. You are amazing, don't let your mind lie to you. We'll keep telling you too.