Sunday, July 27, 2008

I feel like "me" again!

I have been on Celexa for a couple of weeks now and it is working wonderfully. I am feeling more and more like myself. Yippie! I was in a really bad place for a long time and I can't ever let myself go back there again. I don't want to be on meds for the rest of my life but if that is what it takes to keep me out of that dark place then so be it. Whatever I have to do to be "me" again, that's what I'll do. I owe it to my kids to take care of myself. I can't take care of them if I don't take care of myself first.

The kids and I flew out to Midland for a week. We spent time with Hubs sister and BIL. They are GREAT people! I had talked to SIL about my depression and she was worried about me. They offered to fly me and the kids out there for a week in hopes that they could help lift my spirits. Between the stay with the in-laws and the meds, I'm feeling great. Bubba had a blast on the plane. He had never flown before so it was all new to him. He thought it was totally cool and can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving. We had a great time while we were there. They totally kept us entertained. We went swimming, played putt putt golf, went to a minor league baseball game, and went shopping for Bubba's school clothes. We really had a good time and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything. I missed Hubs like crazy and really wish that he could have gone with us but he had to stay home and work. He missed us like crazy too and was in a hurry for us to get home. I was really shocked when I got home. I was expected the house to be a wreck, with loads of laundry and dishes to clean. Boy was I wrong. He had done laundry, dishes, and even vacuumed the entire house. I was so pleased. He's really a good hubby and I am blessed to have him and his family. I get mad at them from time to time but he really has a GREAT family and they would do anything in the world for me and my kids. God has been good to me and I don't thank Him nearly enough.

Shew! It's good to be back!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, hun! And the trip sounds like it was a blast! Thank the Lord for good in-laws, right?

Harmony said...

So glad you're 'back!' And yay for a fun vacation :) (I always like the 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' part too!)

Kris said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better now. I miss your posts, though so give me something to read! lol ;o)

I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Go check it out when you get a chance. :o)