Sunday, June 8, 2008

How does your garden grow?

We are up to our ears in fresh veggies. Hubs nor I had ever planted a garden before. We jumped into this new project feet fist and are now benefiting the fruits (or shall I say veggies) of our labor. I have put away tons of turnip greens and squash already. The beans and peas are almost ready to be picked. We have over 60 tomato plants that will be ripening any day now. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. We got a little plant happy in the beginning and it looks like we will have way more than we could ever eat.

We have learned a lot with our new venture. We know what to plant, when to plant it, and how much to plant now. We should have done this research before we started but we were just excited to get things going.

I have been looking online and in cook books, trying to learn how to put things away and preserve them. I guess I need to start looking for new recipes and ways to prepare stuff too. I think it will be fun to learn new ways to prepare our fresh veggies. If you have any cool recipes you would like to pass on, I'd me more than happy to accept.

4 comments:

MollyDoll said...

YGG! Wanna come to Indiana and help me figure out my garden? It's lookin' pretty sad. I'm jealous of yours!

Harmony said...

How exciting!!

Mrs. Red said...

Dude...I'd totally help you with those tomatoes. I luuuurve me some fresh garden tomatoes! And any veggie for that matter. ;)

Tiffany said...

How fun! You can always can them! I wish I had room for a garden. Color me jealous!