Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's almost here!

One month from today, my birthday, Bubba gets out of school for the summer. I can't wait and neither can he. He is counting the days. Field trips, track and field day, end of the year party, it is all starting to happen. I know he has to go to school and some days I am ready for him to get out of my hair, but I like it when he is at home.

I can't believe I am saying this but I am ready for baseball season to come to an end too. We have a sucky team this year and it is really hard to get into things when you are losing all the time. We have a 3-6 record right now and it is draining. For the first time since Bubba started playing, our team won't have a good enough record for us to win rights to coach the All-Star team. I know that Bubba will still make the team and all but it just won't be the same. It is so hard to sit in the stands and be quiet and not let that coach mentality take over.

I have so much I want to do with the kids this summer. Hopefully Sister will start walking soon. I want to take them to the park and to the zoo. Museums and water parks. I am ready to just be mom for awhile. I try to juggle too much at one time and I am exhausted. I am tired of schedules and ready to just wing it for a bit. I know with gas prices sky rocketing and only getting worse, we will have to plan our activities carefully but we will manage. I can't wait for summer!!! Bring it on!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for summer too! Even though i'm still working from home on Fridays when it is nice outside the park calls our name!

Jamie B said...

this is the time of year that i wish i didn't work!! i'm so jealous of all yall will get to do. :)

Harmony said...

I'm ready for summer, too! Sounds like you guys will have lots of fun :)