Saturday, April 26, 2008

I miss him!

Bubba went out of town to a baseball tournament today. He rode with a friend and was looking forward to playing. He just so happened to be playing in the town where my dad and step-mom live, so they went and watched him play and then took him to their house for a sleep-over. It has been a long time since he spent the night with them and he was really excited about it. I am sure he is fine and really enjoying himself but I miss him. I know he is growing up and I must let him do so but it doesn't mean that I have to like it, right?

Dad called as soon as Bubba's last game was over. He said that Bubba did very well. He got two doubles, 3 RBI's, a single and two runs. Papaw was proud of his grandson! They lost their first game and won their second one so they are in 2nd place right now. Sister and I will be going to watch him play tomorrow. I just can't miss two days in a row. If they win their first game then they will be playing one more game for the championship. I hope they win, they need a big win to boost their spirits.

Sister is still not walking. I am not sure if she will ever walk. She has been pulling up and standing for months now but shows no interest at all in walking. I was in no hurry for her to walk at first but now I am getting a little anxious. I was sure that she would be walking by her first birthday. Bubba walked at 10 months and while I try not to compare, it is hard not to sometimes. I could be wrong and she could start walking tomorrow, who knows. I know that they all do things in their own time and at their own pace, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

She is developing quite the personality. She talks non-stop. It is so cute how she babbles and "talks" to herself. Sometimes I wish I knew what she was saying and then other times, I think maybe I don't want to know what she is saying, lol. Her new thing this week is to fake laugh when you laugh at her. It is so funny to watch her learn and grow. God really blessed us with a beautiful, lovely child. I thank God for her and Bubba every day. What would my life be without my children? Boring, I assure you, it would be boring. They are the light of my life!!!

2 comments:

Girl said...

They're fabulous kids! I can't believe she's gonna be 1.

Harmony said...

Glad Bubba's travels and games went well!