Sunday, March 30, 2008

We won!!!!

The day started off really foggy and hazy. Not exactly the best day to play baseball. We had to be at the ballpark at 8:15 this morning and take team pictures. I guess they turned out okay but would have been better if the sun were shining. We had a little time between pictures and our first game so we headed to the cages to warm up.

By 10:00 a.m., when our game was starting, the sun had shown it's face. It still wasn't pretty but the clouds were drifting away slowly. It turned out to be the perfect day, it was just a slow start.

As for the game. I didn't start Bubba pitching this morning. I was going to save him for Monday night's game. I have another pitcher that is almost as good on the mound as Bubba is so I was going to give him the Opening Day start. I should have known better but I don't like to always put my kid in the spotlight. I don't want everyone to think that I am showcasing him because he is mine, kwim? Anyway, my little pitcher had an off day and didn't pitch so well. He gave up 5 runs in just 2 innings. I had no choice but to put Bubba on the mound to stop the bleeding.

That boy is a natural born pitcher! He thrives on the pressure and did a superb job of shutting the other team down. He pitched 3 great innings and struck out 6 batters. I was so proud of him. His hitting could have been a little better but he did get on base. He just didn't hit as well as he could have. Still, I am very proud of my boy.

We won today, 7-6. It was a victory in many senses of the word. Both teams played a good game and I must admit, the win came down to the coaching. I am proud to say that my assistant coach (the only other female coach in the league) and I, out coached the men coaches of the other team. It is so much fun to beat men when they are such sore losers. One of them wouldn't even come out of the dugout after the game and shake hands. You know, it only shows how sore of a loser he really is. I used to consider him my friend, not so much anymore. It just made the victory that much more enjoyable. One of Bubba's best friends was on the other team and I hate that his team lost, but glad that our team won, if that makes any sense.

2 comments:

Girl said...

Congratulations on your win!!! YEAH!!!

Harmony said...

Woo-hoo!! Congrats on a great win :)