Monday, February 4, 2008

It's Monday

Last thing before I went to bed last night I turned the alarm clock on. Hubs woke me up at 7:00 a.m., asking if I was going to get up for school or not. What? Why didn't my alarm go off? Now I have to rush and get Bubba up and ready. I totally forgot that I had changed the time on the clock because we had an early basketball game Saturday. Ugh! So, that is how my day started.

Hubs was off of work today so he was home ALL day and right under my butt. I love him to death but sheesh, do something productive, or at least get out of my way so that I can. When he is home, he dirties stuff up and leaves messes for me to clean. Men.

Bubba went back to school today after missing 3 days last week. He was home a couple days at the first of the month with Strep Throat and then last week he came down with the Flu. He toughed it out a few days before I finally carried him to the ER for them to send us home, saying there was nothing we could do but treat the symptoms. He feels much better now and had a good first day back. When he got home today we pulled up his grades on the computer, he had a couple tests today that he had missed, and I was so stinking proud of him. His grades are great! He had straight A's again for the first time since the first 6 weeks. Those are HIS kind of grades and I am so proud of him for buckling down and giving 100%.

He is at a tough age and with him being so much younger than all of the others in his class, he sometimes doesn't know how to deal with the peer pressure. He is too into being the "cool kid" instead of being the "smart kid." I think he has taken some flack about being in the Gifted and Talented program and for making such good grades. We had some struggles and his grades slipped for awhile. I sometimes wonder if allowing him to move a grade ahead was the right thing to do or not. I hope that I did right by him. I guess only time will tell.

Basketball practice tonight was a waste of time. Three of my players didn't show up and it is hard to run plays when you have that many out. We got beat Saturday and we basically gave the game away by making bad passes and not playing enough defense. I was really gonna work them over tonight but just couldn't do it with 3 of them out. Hopefully they will all be there Friday and we can prepare for our last game on Saturday. Saturday is our last season game and then the big tournament will be the weekend after. The way things are looking right now, we will get 2nd place, again. Always 2nd place, never the winner. It's gotta be our year sooner or later, right?

5 comments:

Mama Bella said...

I think a lot of kids have a hard time dealing with the teasing that comes along with being in a G & T program. Glad his grades are back where they should be though, and that he's feeling better.

Girl said...

I think he's the cool kid FOR being so smart.

Jess said...

I'm glad his grades are back where they should be. He really is an awesome kid.

Tiffany said...

Way to go with the grades!


It's always a problem when R stays home at our house. It's way worse than when I left too.

Harmony said...

Busy day! G & T does make some peer relationships more complicated (if I remember correctly, that far back ;) )