Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beautiful weekend

It is looking more and more like spring. Bubba had his last regular season basketball game Saturday and the weather was amazing. Sunny and 75 degrees! We won the game 24-11 and finished our season with a 5-2 record. Not bad, not what we would have liked for it to have been, but not bad. Next weekend is the big tournament. If we play well we may walk away with 2nd place. I am usually very optimistic in these situations and I would like to think that we could win it all but in reality, there is one team that is just too good for us. If I could lose a player or two it would help but since I am stuck with them, they hold us back. All in all, it has been a good season. Now it is time for baseball.

It was sunny and beautiful again today. Bubba spent the night with a friend after the basketball game yesterday so he didn't get home unitl mid-afternoon. Hubs, Sister, and I went for a walk and then Bubba and I got out in the yard and played catch. I know that I am a little biased because I am his mom but Bubba, he's a helluva baseball player. I am so proud of him! Baseball was my first love and I am so honored that it is his first love too. He is headstrong and stubborn like his mother but he listens and keeps trying to improve all the time.

I am not sure how I am going to manage coaching again this year but I have to. I have coached his team every year since he started and I can't stop now. It will be tough trying to juggle Sister around and coach Bubba's team but he deserves it. I can't push him aside just because we have a baby now. I have to try and show him as much individual attention as possible. He was an only child for 9 years, that is a long time to be the center of your mother's attention. If I weren't so anal and I could let someone else watch Sister it would really help. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. Hubs is the only one that I trust to keep her and I know that there will be days that he won't be able to do that when we have practice. Games don't worry me, I have plenty of friends that will be at the ballpark and more than willing to hold her during the game. It will all be tough, but I will manage, some way, some how.

With this fresh burst of warm, sunny weather, it has really given me the baseball fever. Sign-ups started this week and I am busting at the seems, ready to get started.

2 comments:

Jamie B said...

me too!!! we got N signed up first day!!! lol, of course now after the storm it's turned freakin cold! but i'm still excited about baseball! we have one more basketball game this weekend and our tourney is two weekends away then ready for baseball to start! oh and be proud of your basketball record...i don't know how many games we've played bc some schools had more than one team so we had to play 2-3 games per day, but lets just say in the past 6 wks we've only won ONE game out of all those! LOL! :) give K and B a hug for me!

Harmony said...

Things have a way of working out :) I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to hold adorable Sister during games!