I took Bubba to the Dr. Wedesday and he has strep throat. He had 103 fever when we got there. Oye! He is on antibiotics and felling much, much better now. I kept him out of school again today. He begged to go, knowing that he missed two tests on Thursday and that he would miss two tests today. It is the end of the 6 weeks grading period and the end of the 1st Semester. I assured him that he could make those tests up on Monday and all would be well.
Tomorrow is our first basketball game and I am still not sure if I am going to let him play. We will be short handed and I really need him but I don't want him to relapse either. I guess we will have to wait and see. I told him that I may not make a decision until just before game time. He has been stuck in the house the past couple of days and it is about to drive him nuts. He is really outgoing and likes to run and play. Being confined to your room for days, at the age of 9, is not fun.
Oh, and just for the record, the Reading test that I thought he was trying to skip out on, he made a 98 on it. I really shouldn't second guess him, I know that he is a smart boy. I guess we have just had some bumps in the road lately and I just wasn't sure. He assured me that he was going to do better and until he proves otherwise, I should trust him. He really is a good boy and I am blessed to be his mother.