Monday, January 7, 2008

Going back to work

I love my husband and I love that he has been able to spend some quality time with us the past few weeks but, sheesh, he has really gotten on my nerves. He goes back to work tomorrow and I can't wait. My bed never got made today because his butt never got out of it long enough for me to make it. Every time I got the kitchen clean, he would come through and get something to eat or drink and mess things up all over again. I normally is very active and what I would consider a workaholic, but the last couple of days he has been a couch potato and it is driving me nuts. Go back to work dude, and make us some money, lol.

MIL called this morning and wanted to talk to Hubs. I took him the phone and told him that it was his mother. When he got off of the phone he asked me why I hated his mother. What? What do you mean? I don't hate your mother. What did I do to make you say that? Did she say something? No, she didn't say anything, I can just tell by the look on your face whenever she calls or when you are around her. I denied it and told him that he was crazy and he finally just dropped it. I don't "hate" her, but I do not like her very much anymore. I really really thought that I was hiding the fact but I guess not. I hate that I feel the way I do about her because she really is a good person but she hurt me so badly and I just can't seem to get over it.
She is so judgemental and gossips more than anyone I have ever seen in my entire life. She is always talking about her granddaughter in-law and how horrible her house is and how she is lazy and so on and so forth. It just makes me wonder what she says about me when I'm not around. I wish that I could get over my resentment or whatever it is that I feel for her but I just can't. Before I got pregnant, she and I had a wonderful relationship, but it has all fallen apart and the mere sight of her or the sound of her voice makes me sick now.
It is really hard to forgive someone for hurting you when you constantly hear them talking about other people and know in the back of your mind that they are talking about you too. She needs to stop preaching so much and start listening to her own advice.

2 comments:

Mama Bella said...

(((HUGS)))

I think in-law relationships are the hardest to deal with. It's hard to forgive when someone has hurt you badly, and sometimes time is needed for wounds to heal.

Hang in there

Tiffany said...

Would hubby be open enough to discuss these reasons?