Sunday, December 16, 2007

Still no Wii

I heard about the big sale today to promote the Wii. Stores have had them hidden in the back rooms for days now. So I called my dad and asked him if he would be so kind and try to get one for Bubba, I would just pay him back. He said sure and he and step-mom got up bright and early and went to K-Mart. They were supposed to open at 6:00 so Dad got there before 5:30. Well, they only had 7 of the damn things and dad didn't get one. They left there and drove to Target which didn't open until 8:00 and there were already people lined up outside, sitting in their lawn chairs bundled up with blankets.
Why are these things so darn hard to come by? Why do we all wait until the last minute to do things? I honestly had no idea that they were going to be this hard to find or I would have purchased one months ago when they were consistently on the shelves.
I don't know what I am going to do. Bubba only asked for 2 things for Christmas, a Wii and a Fathead. The Wii was supposed to be from Santa. It breaks my heart that I can't get it for him. There is still a little time and I am not giving up hope. Maybe, just maybe I can get my hands on one before the Jolly Old Fellow comes to town.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Im sorry you didnt get one! :(

canape said...

I have never seen one on the shelf. We have had our eye out all year and still don't have one.

Good luck - I hope you find one!

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry hun!! Santa still will come, maybe the elves ran out of time? No, that sucks too. This is tough, everyone is having a hard time finding the Wii...

Girl said...

Um What's a fathead?