Thursday, December 20, 2007

Movin' In

I think I am finally done with my shopping. I got Bubba a Wii, (had to stand in line for 3 hours, but I got it) his Fathead arrived, and all the other little odds and ends are completed. I still have wrapping to do but other than the wrapping, I am done. Yippie!

This weekend we will be moving into the new house. I am so excited that I don't know what to do. What more could I ask for? A beautiful baby girl, a sweet little boy, a husband that works his butt off to support us and provide for us, a new camera that rocks, new furniture, and a NEW HOUSE! God is GOOD! I have so much to be thankful for.
The new house has really kept me busy the last few weeks and really helped to keep my mind occupied. This is the first time since my mom died that I haven't been sitting around pouting and feeling sorry for myself. I still miss her terribly and I know that on Christmas Day it will hit me like it always does. I will have to disapear for a bit, shed a few tears and talk to my mom and tell her how badly that I miss her, but at least I haven't let it consume me this year.

My little brother and his family are coming this weekend to help Hubs move the appliances. I am sure that we could do it on our own but it sure would be nice to have help.
Even though we will be moving in, there is still lots to do. I have so many ideas in my head of things that I want to paint and things that I want to do. I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time. I have lived in this ugly, dark house for so long, ugh. I will not miss it! It may take us awhile, especially since we just lost that big business deal, but I will eventually get everything decorated just like I want it. I will finally have a home that I can be proud of and not be ashamed for someone to come and visit. I have promised Bubba that the first weekend we are available, and after the holidays, he can have a friend spend the night with him. He hasn't had a friend over in over a year.

5 comments:

Jonathon said...

So glad things are looking up for you. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. (((((HUGS))))) and I hope that you get a chance to cry alone for a minute and talk to your mommy that day.

-Tara from NMD

Kris said...

Yay for the Wii! 3 hours in line will totally be worth the look on his face when he opens it.

I hope the moving goes well. I'm so excited for you!

Harmony said...

Which Fathead did you get? They used to give those away at my work all the time (cuz Quicken Loans and Fathead are sort of partner companies...)

Mama Bella said...

YAY for moving in!!

Girl said...

Yeah dude! Merry Christmas to you all!!