Sunday, December 2, 2007

Canton Here We Come

The weather has been beautiful that last few days, sunny and in the 70's. This is the last, first weekend of the year so I talked Hubs into going to Canton tomorrow. I haven't been to Canton since I was pregnant. It is one of, if not the largest Flea Market in the USA. Hundred's of acres of stuff. If you are into crafts, thrifts, or just plain want to see something different and unique, then Canton is the place. They are open the first weekend of every month and thousands of people travel from all over to go there. You can't see it all in one day but if you use your time wisely you can see most of it.
There isn't any one particular thing I am looking for this weekend. I just want to look and see if there is anything that I would like to buy for the new house. The last time I was there I saw the coolest baseball stuff that I could use for Bubba's room. Lamps, beds, tables, and chairs all made out of old baseball bats. I have been saving some of his old bats and maybe, just maybe, I will be inspired to start a project for his room.
I sure hope Sister is in the riding mood. Canton is only about an hour and a half away from us so the travel time isn't bad but she will be in the stroller for several hours tomorrow. Lots and lots of walking. I will be sure and take the Moby too, just in case she gets tired of the stroller. Bubba isn't too excited about going because it is lots of walking and I guess it could be somewhat boring for a boy that would rather be out in the yard playing ball. If he's a good sport her may just score some goodies tomorrow.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I hope they both hold up well and that you all have a GREAT time!