Saturday, November 3, 2007

A year already?

Wow, how time flies. Today is the one year anniversary of my Popa. He is the one that I thought would live forever. He was a man of steel. Never sick and always happy. I miss him so much! It is so hard to believe that he is gone.

Popa
Popa, so many images come to mind whenever I speak your name.
Like the times when I was just a child and we danced in the rain.
Throughout the years you've always been a wonderful man you see.
When I was small you took the time to bounce me on your knee.
It seems like only yesterday you wiped away my tears,
And late at night I called your name to chase away my fears.
You were the one who sang to me and whispered nighty night,
As you tucked me in the bed and pulled the covers tight.
I will never forget the good old days when I was just a child,
When my life was consumed in you, in your love, and in your smile.
I will forever cherish all the times when I always looked to you,
No matter what happened in my life, you could make my gray skies blue.
Oh Popa, if I could turn back time and once more hear your voice,
I would tell you that out of all the world, you would still be my choice.
Please always know I love you and no one can ever take your place.
Years may come and go but your memory will never be erased.
God saw you getting tired, a cure was not to be,
So he put His arms around you and whispered, "Come with me."
I sadly watched you suffer and saw you fade away.
Although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands laid to rest.
Your love is forever in my heart, Popa, you truly were the best.
Today Jesus as You are listening in Your home above,
Please go find my Popa and give him all my love.
I love you Popa, and I will FOREVER be your girl!

No comments: