Saturday, November 24, 2007

Let It Snow

We are still in Midland, and crap it is cold. It snowed the first day we were here and Bubba had a blast. It wasn't much and it didn't stay long but it is supposed to snow about 5-8 inches tonight so we may just wake up to a white ground. I don't like the cold and I am really ready to go home but I would love for Bubba to be able to build a snowman before we leave. That would totally make his weekend even more special.
We have had a good time and things have went smoothly but I am homesick. I am dreading that 9 hour drive tomorrow but it will be so sweet once we get back to where there are trees.

To update on my last post: I went by and seen "step-mom". She called as I was leaving town the other day. I took Sister by there and let her see her, my dad has been good to me and I really want to make things as easy for him as possible, so I did my part. It was really weird though. I will never feel the same about her again and I will never let myself nor my kids get close enough to her again to get hurt. She just acted like nothing had ever happened and I just don't work like that. My dad came in while I was there and I could tell that it really made him happy and took a lot of tension off of him, so for that, I am glad I went by. For my dad's sake, I hope they work things out, but as far as me and my kids are concerned, we will keep our distance.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hope the 9 hour drive goes well. Im glad you stopped by and that it made your dad happy.

Katrina said...

hey Becky. i so miss talking to you and knowing how you and your family are...thank goodness for blogs! thanks for your comment. i thinkj of you and your family, i hope you are all doing well.
hope the kiddos are enjoying snow (please don't send any up this way! i'm not ready to be trapped indoors!) hehe

Jenn ;o) said...

Good luck on the long drive home. I hope Sister sleeps most of the way for you.

{{{HUGS}}} Hopefully your Daddy will take the initiative and arrange some visits on your turf. A little more control for you there. That's got to be tough.