Monday, November 19, 2007

I Do Not Understand Her

Over a month ago she refused my apology. Today she emails me and invites us to Thanksgiving dinner at her sisters house. Is she on crack? I swear, she is the strangest person I have ever met. We will not be here for Thanksgiving, so I don't have to worry about turning her down because my dad knows that we have had plans to go out of town for quite some time.

But.....do I give her the power to hurt me and my children again? She is so on again off again and my kids deserve better than that. She hasn't spoken to Bubba since March. Because she was mad at me, she didn't come to his birthday party, didn't call him and wish him happy birthday, ignored his many, many voice mails. How juvenile is she to punish and innocent child because she is upset with me? He is just a kid, he did NOTHING wrong, yet she hasn't had anything to do with him because of me. She has been his MeMe since the day he was born. He loves her and doesn't understand why she won't call him back or come see him play ball.

Should I really set my kids up for that again? She has emailed so now she is trying to mend things I guess but I don't know if I am ready. I tried apologizing a month or so ago and she shot me down so I pretty much decided that I was done with her. I actually apologized for something that I didn't even feel like I did wrong, but to make things easier for my dad, I tried to make amends.

She has never even seen Sister. Didn't come to the shower, didn't come to the hospital when I had her, and has never once even attempted to see her. Gah, what do I do? She and I were so close at one time. She really helped me through some tough times, like when my mom died, my divorce. I don't know what to do. I guess the best thing I can do is leave the matter in God's hands and let Him take control.

Why does life have to be so hard? Why can't everyone just get along and love one another? Life is too short!

3 comments:

Steph said...

(((HUG)))! Im sorry she's been that way. I have no advice.

Girl said...

Man she sucks and it's her loss. He and you all deserve much better treatment.

Tiffany said...

Life is too short. I wish that she would understand that. I agree with Girl. Your babes deserve much better. They also deserve consistency so that they don't doubt themselves and if they did anything wrong. I'm sorry!