Monday, October 15, 2007

Trip to Midland



It was a long drive and the view wasn't so pretty but the stay was nice. SIL has a beautiful house and she was a great hostess. The boys went hunting and did their thing while SIL, Sister, and I went shopping and sight seeing. It was really nice to get away for a few days.
Bubba got to kill a snake and it made his day. We saw two rattlers while we were there and that made me none too happy. I am not a fan of snakes, they truly give me the creeps.
The pumpkin patch was not Sister's favorite place to be. I am not sure if it was the sun, the wind, or the smell of pumpkins but she refused to smile. We tried on Thursday and Friday and she just did NOT want to smile. I got a couple of decent shots of Bubba but once I got home and looked, I spent way too much time taking pics of Sister and not nearly enough time with Bubba. I have really got to do better. He is a great kid.
DH mentioned something about going back for Thanksgiving, I am not sure how I feel about that. The drive is a killer but at least it will be cooler and maybe the snakes will be in hiding.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Glad your trip was good! Sorry about the snakes :( Your kiddos are both adorable!

Katrina said...

oh my goodness, she's getting so big! you must post more pictures of your kiddo's!