Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am done!

For months now I have wondered why my step-mom wasn't speaking to me. Weeks before the baby shower we were talking and getting along fine. We have always been pretty close. She was there for me when I lost my mom 8 years ago and has always been what I would consider a friend.
When she failed to show up to my baby shower I was puzzled. Then when Sister was born she did not accompany my dad to the hospital to see us. Three weeks later we celebrated Bubba's birthday and yet again she did not show up. I called and left messages only to be ignored. I just couldn't figure it out.
September 1st was our family reunion and yet again, she was a no show. I was clueless as to why she was avoiding me, and then the phone call came.
My dad called and asked what was going on between us. I told him that I honestly had NO CLUE. He filled me in on some problems they had been having and asked me if I would try to talk to her. So I did. I tried. I called her house, her cell, and even her job. She was giving me the cold shoulder and would not answer the phone.
I finally dragged it out of my SIL. Her feelings were hurt because of my baby registry. WHAT? How could this be it?
When I registered at BRU I failed to list her as a grandparent. I did NOT puposely do this. Honestly, I didn't even list my own mother or DH's father. I only listed my dad and my MIL. I didn't do this to hurt anyone, I honestly never even put a second thought into it. I just felt like there was no need in listing all of the grandparent stuff. It was not a secret ploy to hurt anyone's feelings I can assure you.
So, being the bigger person, and wanting to make things right (even though I honestly felt that I had done nothing wrong) I emailed her and apologized. I wrote a very long and detailed letter and told her how sorry I was that her feelings had been hurt and that I NEVER meant for that to happen. I told her how we all missed her and wanted her in our lives. I even explained to her that Bubba was hurt and didn't understand why his MeMe was avoiding HIM. I practically begged for her forgiveness and wanted us to be "friends" again and let this all go.
Her response was NOT what I expected.
Basically, she said that she was hurt, she thinks that I did it on purpose and she is NOT going to forgive me and she said absolutely NOTHING about the way she has avoided Bubba and Sister. I am DONE with her! Life is too short to live like that. I honestly tried to make things right and she basically slapped me in the face so, I am done.
I explained it all to my dad and he totally agreed that I should just leave her alone. I don't think they are going to make it much longer and it is really sad. I really hate it for his sake but if she is going to be an idiot then he doesn't need her.

2 comments:

Steph said...

((((((HUGS))))))))))) Im so sorry Becky. You did what you could, the response is up to her. Im sorry the kiddos have to suffer though.

Girl said...

I gotta say, that's pretty pety. I hope she grows up a little.