Saturday, September 8, 2007

Little sister

What is wrong with her? How could we possibly be from the same mother? She has serios issues! I only hear from her a few times a year, usually when she wants something. A couple of months ago she calls me and tells me that she has ovarian cancer and that she could possibly have cervical cancer too. I worry and I pray, asking God to spare her for the sake of her children. Now, I am not so sure she has ANY kind of cancer. I know that she has female problems but I honestly think that she made up the "cancer" to get attention. She goes months without calling, never has a way for me to get in touch with her, and completely disrupts my life.
Her husband is white trash, can't hold a job, beats the crap out of her, and doesn't deserve to breath the same air as I do. So she calls me to tell me that he has threatened to shoot her if she leaves him and begs me to keep her son and hide him. WTF? Does she not realize that she has cried wolf one too many times? While I know that the sorry S.O.B. is insane, I know my sister is a douche bag too. The only thing I know for certain of her is that if her lips are moving, she is lieing.
I know that she is going to call on me one day and "really" need me and I will not come running and I will probably regret it but what do I do? Keep letting her use me and abuse me? She needs serious help!
It makes me seriously sad for her and her children and it makes me so mad that my mom died and left us. It just isn't fair! I promised my mother that I would take care of my brother and sister but does that mean that I have to put up with her lies and acts of selfishness?
Her little boy is only 5 years old and knows more cuss words than I do. Her daughter is 10 and hasn't seen her mother in over a year. What is wrong with her? Will she ever grow up? I wonder if she knows or even cares how what she does affects others? Sheesh! Could I have another sister please?

4 comments:

Steph said...

((((BECKY)))) Im so sorry. I know how hard it can be to want to take care of your siblings and yet not want to be hurt by their lies. You are a wonderful person for continuing to care.

Mama Bella said...

Gah, that's a tough one. It's hard when your involved with someone who obviously has issues, yet refuses to get the help they need. I think the best thing you could do is pray for her and her family, and that God makes a difference in her life. Sometimes when someone is obviously lacking something, it's usually him. ((HUGS)) It's got to be extra difficult being that it's your own sis.

Jaime said...

{{{HUGS}}} Family issues can be so tough. It's hard to know what to do, especially w/ the children involved. I will be thinking of you.

Tiffany said...

Wow, that is so tough to hear. It does seem like you're in between a rock and a hard spot. She seems to want help but is going about it the completely wrong way.I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!