Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mr. Mom

Sitting around being the boring people that we are, DH suggested we cook something on the grill. I agreed that it would be a good idea and started making a grocery store list. He, being the sweetheart that he can sometimes be, volunteered to keep baby girl while I went to the store.

I had just fed her and changed her diaper, the grocery store was only 25 miles away, so I agreed. I needed a little break anyway. I asked Bubba to go with me since we never get to spend time alone anymore. We got what we needed at the grocery store and as we headed down the road, Bubba says, "Mom, want ice cream? I'll buy." Is that not the sweetest 9 yr old in the world?

I couldn't pass that up so we went thru the drive thru at Dairy Queen and we each got a dipped cone. Of course, I didn't let him buy, I took care of that. It wasn't much, we didn't do anything special, but I truly enjoyed spending time with my boy. It makes me sad to see him growing up so fast. I miss him being a toddler and being so totally dependent on me. He is growing into such a wonderful young boy and while I am happy he is such a good kid, I am sad that he is no longer a baby boy anymore.

As we pulled up in the driveway, DH and Sister, stood there on the porch waiting for us. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. He is truly in love with her and I find it so heart warming. He had given her a sponge bath and changed her clothes. He had even put lotion on her to make her smell good. He is a really good daddy and we are so lucky to have him in our lives. Sometimes I want to hang him upside down but for the most part, he is pretty ok.

Ribs and chicken quarters got put on the grill last night, today it will be brisket. He is no master chef but he can hold his own. We won't go hungry, that is for sure. I think I may just keep him!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I have to agree--you have such a sweet, sweet boy! Truly blessed w/ such a wonderful family :)

Harmony said...

Aww....what sweet men in your life!! :)

luannemarie said...

That is so nice you two got out for some quality time and yay for the yummy cones!
You have such a great family!

canape said...

Yum! What time is dinner?